Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Mother's Day

Life has been busy so I never got to post about mother's day. However I have to post because the kids were so cute and thoughtful and it was their own doing. It really touched me and made me feel happy. I told Andy I just wanted to take a nice long nap on Mother's day. I prefer to take naps on the couch instead of in my bed. So as I was on the couch I drifted off to sleep hearing the kids whispering. I could tell they were up to something but too tired to pay attention to what was going on. Andy happened to be upstairs taking a nap also. So, while both of us were sleeping (being the responsible adults that we are!!) Lucy and Ethan took it upon themselves to clean the house (which they did a nice job doing) and when I woke up I was immediately showered with gifts they had been busy making. Lucy was also so proud to give me a plate with a snack on it. She made toast (which was put in the fridge until I woke up) and scooped yogurt into a dish and cut the toast and arranged it so nicely on the plate. She was so proud to give it to me. And Andy in all his free time(ha! ha!) made a sweet video of the kids for me. It was so cute.
Here I am just waking up from my nap being showered with love!
The cards I get from the kids each year are the best. Lucy wrote: "Dear Mommy I like to pray with you. I really love you a lot"
Ethan gathered all sorts of special trinkets and taped them to a paper to give to me. It was really special because the things he taped on the paper for me were really special things to him.
Ethan wrote: "I love you mom. Happy mother's day."

2 comments:

AmyJune said...

that's really sweet amy.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

How cute! I think that is the perfect kind of mothers day!