Sunday, May 23, 2010

Slip and Slide

I asked Andy to clean off the tarp from camping (yes that was camping from a week ago) so yesterday went something like this:

The kids came running inside
Kids: "Mom we need our suits on."
Mom: "Why?"
Kids: "Because daddy is doing a slip and slide with us."



Amy talking to Andy "How are you planning to do a slip and slide?"
Andy: "With the tarp I have to clean"
Amy: "Uhhh, are you remembering there aren't any spigots in our neighborhood?"
Andy: "Yeah"
Amy: "So, how are you planning to do a slip and slide without a hose"
Andy: "It 's not a big deal. I'll figure something out." (this is so andy...the engineer coming out in him!)

And sure enough - he figured something out! He and Logan filled up containers of water.

The kids had fun and then Logan thought a bit of dish soap would be even better because who needs the water when you have a little bit of soap. But not only did they add soap to the fun but another tarp! So we had a brief pause in the fun while they got soap and another tarp and then the kids had a BLAST going down the hill. The tarp that Andy was supposed to clean was dirtier than it started but it provided some good entertainment for the afternoon. Jen and I just stood at the bottom laughing and taking pictures!




This is so Andy! Who would think to do a slip and slide without a hose?!?!

5 comments:

AmyJune said...

muddy fun!!!

Sara said...

HOW FUN!! I love it!

Maile said...

What a great dad! Looks like fun for them!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I love it! Those are the fun things your kids will talk about well into their adult years!!!

Jenner said...

too bad we missed the slip and slide fun! hope your drive and visit to UT is going well!