I know I really have NO reason to be feeling sad that I have not had our baby yet. My due date is not until June 11th. However, I have been on medicine for the last 2 months to stop pre term labor. Even on the medicine I have been having contractions and dilating (which is not normal for me at all!) As of Thursday I was 37 weeks and the doctor said I could go off the medicine. So, I knew I'd have my baby within 24 - 48 hours going off the medicine and in my mind my due date was Thursday. I just couldn't imagine going any longer given the way this pregnancy has gone. But no....... I am still here and trying to think how it is possible I am not in the hospital with a new baby!
I woke up today determined to have the baby. We went and did a service project at a local cemetarty. I was raking leaves and doing yard work. We then went to the beach which requires effort with 3 little kids and all the gear we need for the beach. Then I cleaned our house (once again)..... but none of that worked. Too bad I was on this nasty medicine for the past 2 months that made me feel strange and gave me headaches and made me dizzy.....all for nothing?!?!? I guess our little girl isn't quite ready to come to the craziness of our lives right now! I guess I can't blame her. Life is really crazy right now.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i'm so sorry!!! i know i'll be feeling the same way if this baby doesn't come as early as sophie did (she was born at exactly 37 weeks). especially since each of my babies have come earlier and earlier.
those last few weeks of waiting are the WORST! i hope she comes today for you. May 24th has a nice ring to it. :)
I am sorry Amy! That is frustrating, but at least you don't have to take the medicine anymore. We will be thinking of you. Lots of love!:)
Good luck Amy! I'm sure she'll come soon:)
Sorry, Amy. It is SO hard to wait! But, the longer she stays in, the stronger she'll be. Hang in there!
It is the SADDEST!! I have been thinking about you all weekend and I keep thinking I'm going to have a new niece so soon. I know it must be super hard to still be pregnant--i can definitely feel your pain that way!! Don't work yourself to death though--you need your energy for baby #4!!
I had another friend - same thing - she took that awful medicine for a couple months only to go off and then have to wait! She had her baby eventually!!
Post a Comment