Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm declaring myself a non-sewer!!

We have lots of remnants of fabric and Lucy has been eying it for a while. She finally asked me to teach her to sew. So, I had fun teaching her. She mad a very cute sleeping bag for her baby doll. However, I have declared myself a non-sewer. I am glad to have a machine and glad to know how to do some basic sewing but other than that I have decided I don't sew. I guess I'm declaring it so i don't have to feel guilty for hardly ever using it. Sewing stresses me out more than anything. If I don't cut exactly right or sew a bit off chances of having a good final product aren't good and then all my time is wasted. Let's face it - i should have declared myself a non-sewer the day I was doing a Young Woman project and sewed the shoulders to the waist!! I think that was a pretty big sign!! ( I will admit that I have been saving stacks of jeans to make a pic-nic blanket. So, I am in the middle of making one but that will probably be my last major project for a while!)




3 comments:

paulak said...

Impressive, keep it up. I am so glad my mom taught me to sew.

Ralph and Teresa said...

What a darling little seamstress!!Amy...it just occurred to me...look at the word seamstress! Perhaps that's why you and I are "stressed" when we sew. It's part of the job description! Maybe we are better at it than we thought!! Love ya! Mom

Todd and Lisa said...

Amy
Just catching up on the Ralph kids blogs!
I totally agree with your sewingmachine woes. I feel just exactly the same. Imtrying to make some sort of t - shirt / family quilt -been "working" on it for years - but getr frustrated everytime!!