Sunday, March 09, 2008
Maybe it wasn't such a great lesson after all!!
Funny story!! I was in charge of sharing time. I put a lot of effort into preparing a lesson on the atonement and repentance. I used an idea i saw on line. I won't go into all the details but I started by showing a dirty plate and comparing it to sin and how we can be clean (like the clean plate) when we repent. Anyway, I'm all about visuals so thought this would be a great idea to use. So, at dinner tonight Andy asked the kids what they learned at church. Lucy replied, "We learned that Jesus doesn't like us to have dirty dishes." Oh my!!! So much for my great lesson!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's really funny!!!
That's funny Amy!! Our P.P. used that idea too--I wonder if the kids learned the same lesson as Lucy!
That's so funny! Once Spencer gave a lesson about Moroni burying the plates. He took the kids outside and showed them how Joseph Smith found the plates. He had a Book of Mormon buried in the rocks and uncovered it. One of the girls in his class went home and told her parents that ancient people buried the scriptures, and then Brother Heaton found them and dug them up! Aren't kids' smart little minds just so incredible?
Too funny.. at least you know she was listening!!
Amy, that is funny! You will definately have to send your ideas my way because I was just called to the Primary Presidency.
Hey, they did learn one lesson though, maybe they will offer to do the dishes more. hee hee Cute idea!
Amy,
That is so funny!! I'd be curious...did everyone learn that or just Lucy? Remember...Lucy's perspective might be different...she likes a good excuse to have to wash dishes! Our sweet little cleaner :)
Amy,
I saw your blog from Rachelle's page. It was fun to see pictures of your family. Do you remember me from freshman year at the Y? We have a blog too...www.joelandjenbiggs.blogspot.com
Jen
Post a Comment