Sunday, February 03, 2008

Farewell to our prophet


It was last Sunday that I found out President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. It was a bittersweet time. He was loved by so many. He has lived a GREAT life and influenced so many people. He dedicated his life to the Lord and had endless energy. Although it's sad, it is also so sweet knowing he has been reunited with his wife and continues to serve the Lord even still! I enjoyed his funeral and all of the special clips they had about him following the funeral. He did so much good in his lifetime and touched many lives. I knew he had done a lot in his life but learned a lot about him yesterday during and after his funeral service. It makes me want to be a better person. It was pretty interesting to see how little media coverage he got outside of Utah. It's just so interesting - here is a prophet of God who passed away - a PROPHET of GOD - and yet there was no coverage. They are still talking about Heath Ledger (an actor who died several weeks ago) but hardly any mention of the death of a prophet of God. It is sad to me but not too surprising. What a blessing to have prophets on earth today. I will always be grateful for these great men who serve us. I will always be grateful for the impact President Hinckley had in my life. He will be missed!

No comments: