Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Soccer Time!!

Along with starting school, Lucy has also started playing soccer!! It is highly entertaining to watch a bunch of four and five year olds "play" soccer. Lucy enjoyed standing on the field and smiling at us. I don't think she quite understood what this soccer thing was all about and why everyone on the sidelines kept calling at the girls to get the ball. Lucy finally understood that for whatever reason, she was supposed to be moving and chasing the ball. So, she got very good at moving her legs - even if it was just to run in place. She didn't ever want to be the first one to get to the ball because once she got it I don't think she knew what to do with it. It was all very comical!

Here are Lucy and two teammates. Their uniforms are GIANT on them!!
This is one of the few times Lucy was actually in trying to get the ball

5 comments:

Kara said...

How fun! I am sure it was quite an intense game!! I can't wait for the day when I get to go to my kids games. Lucy looks so cute in her soccer uniform.

Liz said...

sooo cute!

Elizabeth said...

She looks so cute, and I especially love her hair!

Ralph and Teresa said...

What a cutie! Love, Grandma C

Anonymous said...

I think little league soccer is the best! It never gets more entertaining than this... Lucy is such a stud in her uniform.