Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Our Little Girl is going to School!!
Yesterday Lucy went to her first day of school. She did great and seemed to enjoy it a lot. Today she was really looking forward to getting back on the bus to go to school. I wasn't sure if she'd have a hard time going to school or not but it was hardest on me. Lucy grabbed my hand nice and tight when it came time to step up on the bus but I stepped up on the bus with her, she let go, sat down, and didn't look back! As the bus drove away I was all tears. It is so strange to have a child old enough to be going to school. I am realizing there is truth to statements like "enjoy having your kids at home - they grow up so fast and will be gone before you know it."

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I remember how difficult that was for me! It will get easier each day--and then all of a sudden she'll be in 8th grade. Ahhhhh! Lucy looks ready, and I'm sure she'll have fun!
She looks so cute on her first day of school! I'm not even close to crossing the bridge of sending kids to school, but I've seen how hard it has been to my mom over the years. I think sending Rachael to college was especially tough this last week. :)
Amy...Lucy is the CUTEST little girl I have ever seen, seriously! She is just precious!
WOW such a big girl.
I remember when I met you, and Lucy was just a few weeks old....time flies! Welcome home :)
Lucy is so brave to go on the bus too! Hope she likes it!
It is so hard isn't it? I just sent my oldest off to kindergarten and I bawled all day. He is loving it though. She looks adorable!
What a cute girl. I love her curls. I have friends that talk about how hard it is. Good luck with the adjustment!
Glad to see your back online in Blog Land. Its getting late and I didn't get a chance to catch up completely, but I am just happy to see your back. What a darling family? Good luck at school, Lucy!
I really can't believe believe Lucy is old enough to go to school! She is such a cutie!
That is crazy that Lucy is going to school! I love those first day of school pictures. She looks so cute!...I am glad she seems happy about going....just think about how much harder it would be if she didn't want to go.
Yeah Lucy!!! She looks so cute for her first day of school. What a big thing Amy that your first has officially started kindergarten. That is crazy:)
Post a Comment