Tuesday, June 26, 2007

High in the Sky

The past two weekends have been very fun. We live right next to a small airport which has been holding some fun events over the past couple of weeks. Two weeks ago they had an air show to celebrate Rio Claro's birthday. Unfortunately I don't have pictures but it was awesome. I have never been to an air show before so I'm not sure how it compares but I was pretty impressed. We didn't have to go to the airport because the planes were flying right over our house! At times I thought they'd crash into our neighborhood. The tricks they did were pretty amazing!
This weekend they were also celebrating Rio Claro's birthday and had a hot air balloon competition that went on for 3 days. We always knew when the balloons were in the air because we'd hear the fire from the balloons. Once again, they were so close to our house. The kids LOVED it. One time we heard fire and kept looking for the balloon. Suddenly we saw the balloon just barely above our rooftop!!! The balloons were up in the air twice a day for 3 days. A few times we went to the airport so the kids could see how they start on the ground. They loved it.



Lucas was more impressed with his fingers than the balloons!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

did you guys get to ride in the balloons?? looks like fun!

Katie and Eric said...

What a neat thing so close to your house! I have always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon!:)