Saturday, June 09, 2007

Another holiday in Brazil

One bonus to living in Brazil are ALL the holidays they have. It seems that just about every month Andy gets a couple of days off. I LOVE it!! We stayed at home for this holiday but did some fun things over the past several days.

DAY ONE
We attended a professional basketball game with some of our friends. There are 16 professional basketball teams in all of Brazil. For some reason our little town in Rio Claro has one of those 16 teams. Some of these pictures are a bit blurry but I didn't have any others to show what a professional game is like here. Keep in mind this is like the NBA of the USA. It felt more like a high school game than a professional basketball game. However, we had a LOT of fun going!!


Here are some of our friends we went with (Elanie, Rebecca, Giovane, Rogerio, and Dianna)
Ethan LOVED the game. He'd get so excited each time they'd make a basket

As you can see - Lucas wasn't as thrilled about the game as the rest of us were!(he was actually very good but at the moment wanted to be eating instead of taking a picture!)

Day Two
On Friday we attempted to find the zoo in the city Americana. The kids loved it and we were impressed with the zoo - especially considering it is free to get in!!! Yeah, our kind of place to go!!

Lucy and Ethan by the tigers
Don't you think there are way too many strollers/kids?!??!
I think we should have left Ethan with the monkeys!
Lucas doing what he does best - hanging out!!
Day Three
We went to Sao Pedro and Aguas de Sao Pedro. We weren't sure what to expect. We had just heard it was a fun town to visit. It's a beautiful 45 minute drive from our house. They are both fun towns and have lots of fun things for kids to do.

The kids spent some time playing at the park
Andy paddled the boat while the kids steered
(I found them stuck in the trees and grass a time or two!)
Lucy's favorite thing was to drive a "motorcycle"
And Ethan burned some energy on the trampoline
We also loved eating at a churrasco for lunch. Ethan was meant to be Brazilian. He loves meat and LOVES pulling the meat off as they slice it. We couldn't believe how much he ate for lunch today!
And of course, it wouldn't be Brazil without drinking some Guarana
After lunch we enjoyed a train ride through town
Once again - here is our cute Lucas just hanging out!

Ethan, Lucy, and their crazy daddy!


14 comments:

Ryan and Brittney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie and Eric said...

Once again it looks like you guys had a fun trip. You really will have so many memories from your year in Brazil. I love all of the pictures! Your kids are so adorable, I really can't wait to see all of you in July. Lucas is a doll and really seems like a great baby to just go with the flow. See you soon!:)

Liz said...

these pictures are so cute!! it looks like you guys had a fun holiday! andy, do you ever work? seems like you're either stuck in a bathroom or on holiday!! ha, just kidding!

Alicia said...

Amy, I don't know if you will remember me or not, I'm Alicia from the Morgan crew back in Massachusetts days. My sister Rachel came across your family's blog through a train of friends. Anyway, it is fun to see all your fun pictures and your cute family. I would love to hear back from you and know how all your family is doing. I love blogging and what a fun way it is to keep a journal. If you are at all interested my blog is www.taremlarsen5.blogspot.com, check it out if you want. Tell your family all hi from Alicia and the rest of the Morgans.

AmyJune said...

Iwant to go in one of those swan boats. It sounds like you guys are really having fun.

Alisa said...

wow! looks like so much fun!!

Ralph and Teresa said...

Great pictures Amy and lots of fun things to do for the holiday! Thanks for sharing. Love, Mom

Ryan and Brittney said...

Amy, looks like fun. I love looking at your pictures because there are so many things that you do that bring back some great memories of Brazil! When do you all plan on coming back to the states? I am sure I have heard the answer before, but I can't seem to recall it. --cousin ryan

paulak said...

Hi Amy, it looks like Alicia beat me to it. I guess you heard that Rachel got us your family's blogs and so I'm sure we all have been lurking. You look so great and what a darling family. What a fun opportunity to live in Brazil. We should come visit you. By the way, this is Paula (Morgan) Weeks. Feel free to jump onto my blog so I can show off my adorable little girl. She's our little angel.

paulak said...

Oh, my blog address is cpkweeks07.blogspot.com. Enjoy!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

You guys are having so much fun down in Brazil! I don't know if I have ever seen a real life hippo before...they are huge and lazy looking. I hear they are really dangerous, but you wouldn't know that from his picture here on your blog. Anyway, looks like you had a fun holiday and you were able to see some fun things. Your kids are of course as cute as ever!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

what a fun few days you had!

Kara said...

I love that you guys are getting out so much seeing the great things Brazil has to offer. It seems you have been able to do so many fun trips. That is so great. Your family is so cute too!!

Hindmarsh Family said...

"Andy in the duck" scores a 9 on the Best-Dad-O-Meter. The things we'll do for our posterity! Priceless. -Brandon