Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Wonderful World of Returns
For any of you who really know me - you would know I am queen of returns. I usually buy things and let them sit in my closet for a month or so before i am sure if I will keep it or not. And sometimes I just can't take the time to try things on with two (now three) kids with me. So, I buy LOTS of stuff with the intention to only keep one or two of the items. It's just much easier to buy and decide on my own time without dealing with the kids. I introduced Andy to the happy world of returns when we got married. It was as if he had never heard of the concept. Anyway, the reason for this post is because this weekend we had a churrasco with a lot of people from work. I was part of an interesting conversation. The women got talking about the USA and the things you can buy and how cheap things are. Then some of the women who have been to the USA or have family living there said things like "....and you will never believe it. You can return anything you want. Even if you open it you can still take it back. There doesn't have to be anything wrong with it and they still take it back. I mean what kind of world would let you buy and return whatever you want" It was funny! Such a normal concept for me and these women just couldn't believe you could do that! I LOVED being part of the conversation because it has been so long since I have shopped to return. I haven't done it for nearly a year and after being part of that conversation it made me excited to be able to do it again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Amy--you know I'm the queen of returns right along with you!! I had never thought that it wasn't possible other places--the things I take for granted!
I don't think you can claim queen of returns until you have been banned for a year from returning thigs to Walmart! That is right....I returned so much in one year that they had me on their list....I could not return unless I had the receipt. The lady did tell me there were ways around it, if I happened to lose my receipt, i could have my husband return things for me....but, I think i should have claims on return queen!!!
That is so funny that they were talking about returns like it was such a bizarre concept. Because I don't have good follow through skills I really don't like returning things. It's just one more thing for me to do.
oops- the above comment was made by me not my husband. He must have had his gmail account open.
I wish I knew what stores you are talking about! Most of the stores around here (except Costco) have super strict return policies. Nothing can be returned that has been opened, and no returns without receipts and even then you are "tracked."
I was once on the Wal-mart list, too. Made me so mad that I went to Target instead! I usually look at things for about a week to see if I really want it! Is that because I am so cheap??
Ha! The things you get excited about when you've lived abroad for a year. You're funny!
AMY....we must be twins!!! Ha ha, you and I are so alike!! ps.....we just got our engagement pictures back and I think I look like you in some of them....you twinner!
Amy, sorry for the late response, I have been very busy at work this past week so I had to eliminate the wifely duty of blogging for a week or so...You know where this concept has come in handy the most for me??...with ties (like church ties). I will wear them to church once and if I get a lot of comments then I keep it, if not I return it. :) That way it helps everyone though, I don't get stuck with an ugly tie and the stores and designers know what ties are good and which are ugly due to units sold. If I just kept the ugly ties they would assume those were good ties because they sold them, and they would make more ugly ties. See...I am making the world more beautiful one tie at a time. :)
Post a Comment