Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Embu

We took a really fun day trip to Embu. It's a cute art town in Sao Paulo. Thanks to my
sister-in-law we know about this cute town. She came across it when she was out visiting in March. You can imagine the excitement for our kids when we told them we were getting in the car to drive 2 hours each way and once we got there we would just be going in and out of stores!!! Yeah, it's not exactly what every kid loves to do so we were a bit nervous how the day would turn out. But, our kids surprised us and were sooooo good. Lucas slept most of the time and Lucy and Ethan were good to wander in and out of stores. I'm actually surprise Andy was up for the trip given he's not much of a shopper but he enjoyed it too. It was nice to spend the day together as a family.



The stores are very colorful and full of interesting things to look at.
The kids were worn out by the time we got in the car to go home. This picture is especially funny because Lucy takes after her dad. I always think it's funny when Andy takes a nap he covers his head because it's "too bright"! So, I got a good laugh and Andy was secretly happy to see Lucy sleeping with a blanket over her head!!

4 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

It looks like you had a fun family outing. As for Lucy and andy sleeping with a blanket over thier heads...marc does the same thing! I have come to call it his head wrap. It made me laugh to see that there were other humans that had problems with it being "too bright". :)

Camie said...

Amy!! I'm so happy to see pictures of Embu!! I didn't get to take any while I was there because I was too busy shopping insanely for the two hours we had paid our taxi guy to wait for us!! Can you email me the big files of your pictures of the town so I can put one in my scrapbook to remember the cutest little place ever?? So glad you went! I still need to hear about what loot you bought!

Anonymous said...

That is so neat. Embu was in my mission. It was a fun little place to get souveniers and stuff. I served in an area close by called Embu-Guacu. Embu was always a sisters area. I remember all the little colorful shops. Thanks for the blast from the past.

And the brightness issue must be genetic. My wife has serious problems sleeping or waking up with any light whatsoever.

Kara said...

Amy-what a fun trip. It seems that you guys are getting the most out of your experience living in Brazil. How fun! That is halarious that Lucy covered her head just like her dad.