Friday, April 27, 2007

Saturday is Running Day

I guess after watching Andy and I leave to go running enough times Lucy decided it was her turn to try. A little over a month ago Lucy asked if she could go running. Ever since then she goes running with either Andy or myself every Saturday morning. She runs a half mile and is actually pretty good. The first time I went with her I was so amazed that those little legs could keep going. I kept asking her if she wanted to stop and walk. Her response is always no. As soon as we leave the gate if I don't start running right away she wants to know why we aren't running yet. Halfway through the run we stop and stretch and then turn around and run back home. It is so cute and brings back memories of running with my dad when I was a little girl. I am sure people look at us out with our 4 year old daughter and think we are crazy parents pushing our kid into sports way too early in hopes that she will one day be really good. But let me assure you it is 100% her idea! It's really cute!



6 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh my gosh! So cute! I'm so impressed that she will run that much! Way to go Lucy! She seriously looks like she is really growing up. And, as Ryan mentioned, she is so tan!!

Alisa said...

And...she is looking a lot taller!

Liz said...

wow...that i don't understand!! lucy, what are you thinking?!! haha, i guess if i started that young maybe i would like running today

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

That is too cute! How funny that she likes to run with you. I agree with alisa, she is so tan!

Katie and Eric said...

I am pretty sure Lucy is the cutest girl ever. I love it!

Elizabeth said...

Woah Lucy! I can't believe she does that. For some reason I love that she has a pink pair of running shoes!