Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy 30th Birthday Andy!!

Well, Andy is an OLD man - a whopping 30 years old! I know for some it may not seem old but leaving your 20's feels really old! And I am glad he can no longer claim that he is in his 20's and I am in my 30's! Although Andy's birthday isn't until tomorrow we have already had fun celebrating it. The kids surprised him with some balloons last Saturday morning. Inside was a message explaining the birthday surprise we had for him. I had arranged for him to go in a glider airplane. I had thought about this for a REALLY long time but was a bit hesitant because I didn't want to leave Brazil as a widow! Given the luck we have had here I felt like that might just happen. However, after checking into everything I felt fine about it and am happy to say I still have a husband! (I did have him give me all the info on I'd need to access our Brazilian bank account and life insurance policy!!) Anyway, Andy had a great time flying and I was happy to finally surprise him. I'm just impressed I kept it a secret from him. I'm not good with surprises and wanted to tell him so bad!



As you can see, Lucas was very excited about the whole thing!!!

Yes, this is a dirt runway!! One of the reasons I felt the whole thing might be a bit sketchy!!

This weekend we also had fun doing a Churrasco (Brazilian BBQ) at our house. We had 3 families over and had lots of fun and REALLY GOOD food! You can't beat a Churrasco!
Notice all the smoke coming off the cake - definitely a sign of being old!!!
Not that I am proud of this picture but here is me doing what I do best - cleaning up after the party!! This is one kind of cleaning I love to do!!!

10 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Happy Birthday Andy! I am very impressed by Amy letting you go in a glider plane...I would be scared of becoming a widow. It sounds like you had a great birthday!

Liz said...

happy birthday andela!! i still can't believe how OLD you are! haha, i hope you have a good day today!

Camie said...

What a great party! Happy bday Andy! I'm so happy you survived your glider flight--I know Amy was worried about it because she told me her idea when we were visiting you. Let me know how it feels to be in your thirties, since I'm still a young gal in my twenties!

Hindmarsh Family said...

Happy Bday old man! I feel your pain Andy... I turn 30 soon. We are taking the kids to Sea World... which just makes my boys tell everyone that we are going for Mommy's BIG birthday. The entire ward knows I'm turning 30 now!!
For Brandon's birthday I did kinda the same thing, but in TX they have paved runways!!! I bought him a flying lesson... It was awesome!
We miss you all... How's life with diabetes?? We are going on a pump soon... that will make Matt's life more flexible.
Thanks for sharing your pics... we love them!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andy! You are such an old man!

Katie and Eric said...

Happy Birthday Andy! What a great birthday. I am jealous about the airplane. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Fun to see all those pictures, Amy. I know you worked hard to make Andy's birthday memorable! Sounds like he has enjoyed the last few weekends! This weekend will be rather blah!! It's been a fun birthday, Andy, I know! Love, Mom C

Ryan and Brittney said...

Amy--Awesome b-day present! Good wife, good wife. :) A little late I know...Your "skinny" cow pics, I was just glad to see that those cows appeared to be eating something other than trash from the local dump...seriously.

Elizabeth said...

That is the best birthday preasent ever!! Looks like you planned an excellent party as well. Happy Birthday Andy!

Anonymous said...

Oiii Amy tudo bem
Somos nós Gabi e Leni
E o Lucas?
como tá
E a Lucy?
E o Ethan?
Como está?
Estamos com saudades
Eleine e Diana estão aqui
beijokas
I LOVE YOU