If you walked into our house you'd think Lucy was Cinderella because it seems she is cleaning and organizing all day long. She is definitely related to my mom. When Lucy wants to have "fun" she asks if she can mop the floors, wash the windows, or organize her drawers in her bedroom. One night before she crawled into bed she said, "Mom, tomorrow when we wake up we really need to clean out my drawers." And sure enough she held me to it and after finishing her room we had to move on to Ethan's room. The other day while Ethan and Lucas were taking naps I was working on the computer and trying to get to some of "my" things. Lucy began cleaning and organizing the computer desk. Finally she looked at me and said, "I just really wish you'd help me. Don't you want this desk to be clean!" It was as though I never clean and I sit around all day making her do everything! It was so funny. Sometimes she gets the crayon box and sorts through every crayon - throwing out any crayon that is broken. I never gave her that idea - she just came up with it. Another day she cleaned around our t.v. placing pictures on one side and then informing me that my keys were to be kept on the other side of the t.v. (which is funny because i admit that I am horrible when it comes to my keys. They are never in the same place and I am constantly looking for them) A few days later she saw them on the table and she came over the me with keys in hand and said, "Mommy, your keys don't belong there. Remember where I told you to put them!" (She's very serious when she tells me these things. She's not trying to be funny.) Oh boy! It is so funny and I could go on and on. Lucy has always been a good helper but all of these stories come from the last couple of months. It's nice to have a good helper!


This is Lucy mopping with a squeegee - that's how everyone mops here!
Lucy washing windows
Lucy rolling out the carpets after mopping and I failed to get a picture of her vacuuming the rugs which she does often.
6 comments:
Can I borrow Lucy for a while??? My 3 boys aren't even interested when offered $$$!
oh my! I think mom stayed a little long don't you think? Way to go Lucy! I think you should feel pretty lucky, amy
I'll take her for a few days. Maybe she can organize my famous junk drawer in my kitchen.
I think the cleaning bug skips every other generation!
Love, Mom:)
Lucy is quite the girl. That is so cute that she wants to clean so much. Do you want to send her to visit for a while? You are very lucky to have her.
wow, that's awesome to have a little cleaner in the family. I am impressed that she would even think to do things like that. Too many days go by that I think I will get to some cleaning...I need a little lucy in my life.
Post a Comment