Thursday, February 08, 2007

Truth Be Told

I had to wait to post this for fear that my mom and mother-in-law would not want to come visit! The truth is WE HAVE BUGS!!! Below is just a sampling of some of the bugs and some of the random bites our kids wake up with. Check out the size of Ethan's "bite". It looks more like another knee cap. And yes, I am horrified every time I see a cockroach running across the floor. I was especially grossed out one day when I went to get a pair of pants out of my closet and found a cockroach crawling up the pants!! And I was alone when I discovered this GIANT spider. I trapped it and waited for Andy to get home. I could not kill it. It was too fast and big. Each night seems to bring a new bug. This week has been cricket week. We're not sure how the bugs make their way into our house but they always manage to find a way!!





4 comments:

katherine said...

That spider looks terrifying!! Poor kid.
I just happened to see your blog and many memories of growing up in Missouri came back to me. I had many a spider bite and chigger bite. We used to put nail polish on the the chigger bites to kill the chigger that burrows in the skin. I used to have red nail polish speckled up and down my legs. At least your kid will have an exciting picture and story to tell when they grow up :)

Liz said...

Poor Ethan!! It makes his leg look twice as big as the left one!

Alisa said...

EWWWWWW!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Nasty! You're qutie the trooper!