Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lucas has arrived!!!

We finally had our little baby Lucas. He was born on Sunday, January 7th at 5:08 am. He weighed 7lbs. 2 oz and was 20 inches long. He has been such a sweet baby (hopefully he will stay that way) and we are so happy to have him in our family. My mom arrived on Thursday and he gave us just enough time to take her out to dinner, go for pedicures, show her around the town, go grocery shopping, and teach her how to give Ethan shots and do finger pricks.Saturday night we sat down to play a game and shortly after starting I told Andy and Mom that I would be going to the hospital that night. So, an hour or so later we finished the game and packed our bags and headed to the hospital.





The kids were so excited to meet Lucas. Everyday before he was born they'd wake up and ask when Lucas was coming. When Ethan was holding him in the hospital he kept singing Away in the Manger to him. It was really cute. Lucy and Ethan are both very cute with him and love to give him lots of kisses.






12 comments:

Camie said...

Amy--he is a BEAUTIFUL baby. His little face is adorable! And he looks kinda chubby for being only 7'2!! I'm so sad I missed you today--I really want to call and talk. I'll keep trying.

Elizabeth said...

Wahoo! I've been checking multiple times a day for pictures of cute little Lucas!! He is adorable!! We're so happy everyone is doing well. We love you guys!

Katie and Eric said...

Thanks for the pictures. He is such a doll. I am sure that Lucy and Ethan adore him. We are so glad that everyone is doing well. We love you lots! Talk to you soon.

Jessica said...

congratulations! he is so cute. so are lucy and ethan. you'll have to let me know how the transition from 2 to 3 is! especially since our kids are similarly spaced out in years. hope you're doing well and recovering quickly!

Alisa said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing these pictures! Lucy and Ethan look way cute with him! Hope you're doing well! Love you guys!

Liz said...

He is adorable, Amy and Andy!!! I'm so happy for both of you. It's so weird to see bald babies now that we have a little one with a full head of hair. He's so cute!

AmyJune said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful little baby. It makes me so excited to have mine in 3 weeks. Amy-you survived the Brasilian birthing experience. Way to go!!!
(please let mine be 7lbs as well)

Amy said...

Congratulations and good luck with #3! What a cute baby Lucas is!

Emily said...

Lucas is so adorable! We are glad everything went well. Congratulations!!

Love R & E and little R

Anonymous said...

what a cute baby! He seems so alert in a couple of those pictures. I am glad he co-operated with the mom timing. I think it is funny that despite the fact you were having contractions, you still won the game!!! Impressive! i am still trying to call you....one of these days we will connect!!
-Keri

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Hey thanks for posting the pictures! He is so cute! Looks like your kids are enjoying him. I still stand amazed that you gave birth to a baby in Brazil! You are a brave woman. Congrats on little Lucas. I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute family!

Anonymous said...

Amy, we got your newsletter today. Your family is adorable! You are a trooper having a baby in Brazil! Congrats on the arrival of little Lucas (I love the name). Thanks for keeping in touch, it is always good to hear from you!
Love, Rachael