Sunday, June 05, 2011

Memorial Day

We had a great Memorial Day. Given Andy was going to be gone and all the kids were home it had the potential to be a very long day. However, we (my friends and I) managed to fill the day with non stop activities. Let's just say the kids slept very well that night! We started with a hike in the morning and came home long enough to feed the kids lunch. Then everyone took off to the park where everyone put garbage bags on and slid down this cement slab into water. I wasn't there for that so I don't have pictures. Lucy and Ethan went with everyone else and I stayed home with Jane and Lucas who took naps or had a quiet time. They all arrived home in time for a bar-b-q for dinner. It was the last culdesac bar-b-q and we were sad a couple of families weren't here to join us. This was a great way to spend our last holiday with friends!!

Bryan

Here is some of the crew. Notice Jane is on Joe's shoulders. Everyone was so nice to help out when needed given Andy wasn't around. I think Jane was more than happy to be on Joe's shoulders

Lucy, Libby, Kamryn

We hiked to some waterfalls and then we hiked to this fire tower. Most everyone climbed up this old scary tower!

Kamryn, Libby, Eliza, Lucy, Jenna

1 comment:

Amber said...

It looks like you guys had a great memorial day. We are sad we missed it!