It may be the coldest place on earth but it's also a lot of fun! We had a wonderful time with Matt and Camie's family for the week of Thanksgiving. We went to a zoo (yes, an outdoor zoo), Mall of America, went sledding, and ate lots and lots of food!!
I love visiting camie because we both like to cook and spending lots of time in the kitchen leads to lots of chatting. We spent a fair amount of time in the kitchen trying new recipes and everyone benefited eating like kings and queens! I walked away with some good recipes!


We made plenty of pies for everyone. Here are the kids pointing to the pies they want to eat!!

We enjoyed a visit to the mall of america where andy and I got a work out trying to find everyone when we got separated by accident.

We let the kids ride on a few rides in the mall. Lydia and Ethan our dare devils wanted to go on the big roller coaster. Here is Ethan just getting started. He told me as he started to go up the first hill he thought "oh no, what have I done?"But when it was all said and done he loved it and wished he could go again!!


Shopping happened also. Camie and I went to Toys R US which opened up at 10 pm the night of Thanksgiving. We figured nobody would go out on thanksgiving so we'd give it a try. We walked less than 1/4 down the line when we decided it was way too cold so we went home in disbelief of how many crazy americans really went out shopping on Thanksgiving!! (I guess we were part of the craziness!) Needless to say we woke up at 5:30 and got some doorbusters. It was lots of fun! Matt had the deal of the day though and woke up I think around 2:00 am and waited in line at best buy where he scored a computer for camie!! nice work matt!! Here we are showing off all our purchases!!

Thanks for all the fun Matt and Camie!!!
1 comment:
Your hair looks so cute, Amy.
Post a Comment