Monday, March 08, 2010

A first and hopefully a last!

Last night (when Ethan was supposed to be asleep in bed) he got a Lego stuck in his nose. We've never had kids put anything in their nose. I've heard of it happening but never experienced it with my kids. No surprise that Ethan was the first to try and hopefully he will be the last! So we told him not to breathe in because we didn't want him to get it stuck up higher in his nose. But that freaked him out because he felt like he couldn't breathe so he panicked a bit and in the end I managed to get a shish-ka-bob (sp?) stick and pull out the lego. So glad we didn't end up in the ER which is where I was pretty sure we'd end up!

6 comments:

AmyJune said...

Are you going to frame that lego? (maybe he talked to Jim who stuck a carrot up his nose as a kid)

Sara said...

Oh man! Good work with the shiskabob stick. I'm impressed.

Chrispy Critter said...

Cooper just stuck a bead up his. I plugged one nostril and told him to blow hard. KaPOW!!! It shot across the room!

Chrispy Critter said...

Cooper just stuck a bead up his. I plugged one nostril and told him to blow hard. KaPOW!!! It shot across the room!

Lauren said...

It was so fun to see your family yesterday and spend some time with all of you! I hope the rain doesn't put too much of a damper on the rest of your trip!
Oh, and uur blog address is russelandlauren.blogspot.com

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Amy--
I just got done reading your last few posts.....I am cracking up right now! Dory.....what a hoot! I love it! And, I am glad you didn't end up in the ER.....and, last but not least, have fun in California, although, it would have been fun to be Oregon....but, sounds like Andy is super excited, so we are excited for him/you!