Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Poor Baby
On Friday morning Jane woke up with a cough. I didn't think anything of it. Saturday morning her breathing was a bit labored but I didn't feel it was too bad. I ended up taking her into the doctor thinking she might have strep throat. As it turns out we were sent to the hospital because she had pneumonia! Poor girl. She was on oxygen for the first day. And I had a very interesting 33rd birthday celebrating it in the hospital with Jane. We were finally released on Monday and today she finally showed signs of getting better. Thank goodness for so many willing friends offering to help in so many ways! And thank goodness for andy who volunteered to stay in the hospital Sunday night so i could sleep at home. (I only got 3 hours of sleep the first night in the hospital and was exhausted on Sunday) Things like this make me grateful for good health. I also couldn't help but think of my friend Becky who is in and out of hospitals ALL the time with her son Ben and yet always has a smile on her face and deals with it. You are amazing Becky!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh, her little eyes were so sad! It is so hard to have the little babies sick! I am so glad you are home now and Jane is getting better. (Happy Belated Birthday too!!)
Poor jane. We feel so bad for you guys. I forgot to call you and wish you a happy birthday. I'm sure this is a birthday celebration you would not like to repeat anytime soon.
I LOVE you dear Amy. :) Those pictures made me sad...it's SO hard to watch children suffer. I'm glad it was a short stay. Happy (belated) birthday! xoxo
so sad! that would just break my heart. i hope you're getting more rest now, too. i'm glad she's out of the hospital now. don't you wish the winter would hurry up and end??
I'm so glad she is getting better. How scary!
What a sad little baby, glad that she is getting better, get some sleep!
It's so hard to watch your kiddos be so sick and we were worried when we heard Jane was sick enough to be admitted to the hospital. We're happy to hear she's feeling better and hopefully you're getting caught up on sleep!
What a birthday Amy! We're so glad Jane is home and getting better.
Sweet Jane. We love her. I'm so glad she's doing better.
It's so hard to have sick kids, and especially scary when one needs to go to the hospital. What a birthday you had. I'm glad Jane is doing better.
sad eyes for sure. so glad she is her happy self again :)
Post a Comment