Saturday, February 20, 2010

BAD WORDS

This is pretty funny! Tonight at dinner our topic of conversation somehow got onto "bad words"and it went something like this:

Ethan: Well I know what the "S" word is!
I was shocked. Why and how does he know these bad words.
Me: What is the "S" word Ethan?

His eyes got really big

Ethan: You really want me to say it?
Me: Yes. Just here one time but never again.

Ethan: unsure if he should really say it or not and finally he blurts out "STUPID"
( I was relieved to realize that was the word)

The conversation continued

Ethan: I also know the "F" word
Me: How do you know that I said in disbelief.

Hesitantly I asked what it was

Ethan: "Fat"
Me: (sigh of relief) Yeah, that's not nice to call people fat.

Ethan: I also know the "D"word and the "P" word - DUMB and POOH

The conversation continued for a little bit longer and was finally dropped. It is kind of funny when I think about it because although stupid and dumb aren't nice words I don't think we've ever discussed that these are "bad"words. I guess I'm glad these are the words they know and not others!!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Hilarious- Michael and I couldn't stop laughing about the "F" word!

Amber said...

HaHa!! That is so funny! I love that he didn't want to say the words outloud to you. If only those were the only bad words they ever heard.

Chrispy Critter said...

This sounds like a similar conversation in the Rich house! The bad thing is that they have learned a few of them since then!

Christie said...

Similar experience. Luckily the "sh" word was "shut-up." Ahh, if they could only remain so innocent forever!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Oh my! That is way to funny/cute!

Emily said...

That is funny.. we had a similar conversation with Rachel this week. Ahh.. to be so innocent:)