Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fun at the Children's Museum

One day in December Sarah was not at the bus stop with Libby. I called her to make sure they were OK only to find out they were playing a little hooky and going to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis. Well, I thought that sounded like a much better idea than what we had planned for the day (nothing - typical these days!). So, being the great friend that I am ....... I invited my family to join them. Because Sarah is so nice she would NEVER say no even if she didn't want us there. So, after great efforts to get all the car seats in her van and surprise Lucy and pick her up at school we were on our way. We had a WONDERFUL day. Given it was a school day, the museum was practically empty. It was great! Thanks to Sarah for letting us join in on the fun.

While at the museum we got to pay a visit to Santa. Ethan was more than happy to throw in some requests and try to convince Santa he really has been a good boy this year (even though that is debatable!) Lucas is NOT in the picture. He is behind me freaking out because he wants nothing to do with santa. Ooooh big surprise! So, he would not join in on the picture. However, Jane was pretty fascinated with him. Look at her just staring at him! Too cute!

Jenna and Lucas " ïce fishing"
There is a really great slide built from the second floor down to the first. It is really fun and the kids LOVED it (so did I)
And here is sweet Sarah going down with Lucas because he was too afraid to go alone and I was at the bottom with Jane. She is so wonderful to help out!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You're right -- I will never say no to playing with you guys! I have way too much fun. I'm so glad you guys came along.

Same time next year?

N. Tipps said...

I can't believe you did that. What are you teaching your kids? That it's okay to skip school to have fun? And there you go again inviting yourself places. Well, when you go again tell me so I can invite myself to come along.