Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Tom Sawyer

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure it was Tom Sawyer who had to paint his fence and ended up getting it done by putting his friends to work. Well, I've decided Ethan is our modern day Tom Sawyer.
He's pretty lazy. Hate to say it but it's true. Over the past month when it is chore time in the morning Ethan has been so good to Lucas. He talks in his nice high pitched sweet voice "Lucas do you want to do chores together." To Ethan's credit he does help Lucas get dressed (he even changes his diaper). The other day I said, "Ethan thank you so much for being so nice to Lucas in the morning and letting him do chores with you."
He responded so matter of factly, "Well, that way I don't have to pick anything up."
I'm usually busy getting myself ready during his chore time so this week I started to pay attention. Sure enough, Ethan sits on his bed pointing to the toys Lucas needs to pick up. "Good Lucas, now go get that toy and put it away. No not there it goes in the other basket. Ok, now come get....." You get the picture. Lucas has become his slave!
Even though Ethan is lazy he has created a GREAT worker out of his brother.

8 comments:

Alisa said...

now that is funny!!! I love it, "that way I don't have to pick anything up"

andy (your chubby hubby) said...

Hey, at least he is training Lucas to work. 1 for 2 isn't bad.

N. Tipps said...

At least he ended up being honest about it. I think someday Lucas will get him back!!!

Emily said...

You might call it lazy or you might call it managerial! Depends on how you look at it:)

AmyJune said...

Yes, enslaving little brothers is the best. :) I should know.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Wise beyond his years!

Christie said...

I'm amazed it works! Although, thinking back, my older bro. was able to get me to listen to him. "If you do ______ , I'll let you play in my room with me."

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

that is awesome!!! he is pretty smart!!!---hey, if it works!