Friday, February 20, 2009

Lucy the Cheerleader!

I've not always been a fan of cheerleaders. I have nothing against them but my preference would be to be the one participating in the sport - basketball, cross country, track..... whatever it is. However, Lucy participated in this "poms" program. She learned a cheer and got to cheer at the high school basketball game. It was soooooo cute. I leaned over to Andy and said, "I can't believe I'm so excited to see my little girl cheering". It really was cute and she got to do it with some school friends and she loved every minute of it. Go Lucy!! (Can you believe this is the same Lucy who a few years ago wouldn't even leave my side? I guess they don't stay attached to you forever!!)


4 comments:

Liz said...

so, so cute! i can just see her in 10 years cheering at her own high school games.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

how cute and fun is that!!!

Becky said...

I know I have felt the same way about different things my children have participated in, but when it's YOUR children...somehow it seems different and okay. She'll be great at whatever she chooses and I know she'll be a GREAT role model too. ;)

monica said...

i know this is late, but congrats to you all with the upcoming arrival of baby #4. Another girl?! what luck. :)

Also, loved the baseball cake, was it decorated with licorice?