Thanks to Andy's mom, we got back a few days ago we got back from a WONDERFUL trip to Cancun - actually about 1 hour South at a great private resort called Taninah. The 85 degree weather was greatly welcomed by us. (I'm not sure our California family could appreciate the warmth as much as us!) We had tons of fun and the week went by much to fast. We loved hanging out with family, eating wonderful food, and soaking up some rays!!



We enjoyed a little shopping and bargaining. Here is Lucy trying on a hat.


This is the place we stayed. We were at a resort in the jungle which happened to be only about 5 minutes from the beach. It was only our family on the property during the week. We each had a little house like this to stay in. The kids were so tired at night they went to bed without any problems!

There was TONS of stuff to do at the resort. This is a gym/play area for the kids. It especially came in handy during meal time. They would play in there while we finished our meal.

This is where we congregated for meal time and at night to play games and talk

The food was soooooo good and we ate way too much. There were 11 men on site 24 hours a day. They cleaned and cooked for us. They were so friendly and became our friends. We had freshly squeezed orange juice every morning with fresh pineapple, cantalope, and other fruit which was followed by the main breakfast. Lunch and dinner were always fabulous and dinner was finished off each night with some rich hot chocolate. They served us our meals. It was nice because they'd serve the kids first and then the adults. Meal time was not stressful at all. They even cleaned the high chairs. Does it get any better than that?!??!


The grounds were beautiful

Some of the activities on site included a trampoline (built in the ground - so no worries about injuries), mini golf, a trail to go running on, volleyball nets, ping pong, air hockey, slides, sand boxes, t.v., a giant movie theater (they set up the big screen and served us popcorn a couple nights we were there), a pool, and a big hit was the zip line.



Another great thing they had at the resort was this water slide in a cave. There are stalagtites (I think I got that right) everywhere with a little pool of water to slide into. It was quite a site. Ethan LOVED the slide and as you can see here Lucy isn't so sure about it!!

This is what it looks like all around. It's really cool.



We had lots of fun on several different beaches. Yes, the water really is this beautiful blue!!

We had a great time snorkeling. Lucy and Ethan couldn't figure out the masks but they had fun looking around with their goggles. I had a wonderful time cruising around with Lucy


Ethan went out with Andy......I can't get enough of the water! We all some some cool fish.



Here is Katie taking a rest with this statue!! Ha!

Here are the ping pong tournament planners looking very seriously over the brackets!!! Chad was the winner!

The workers set up a pinata on New Year's Eve for the kids. They had so much fun!


We even played volleyball against the workers......they beat us!!!

There was a dog(LUNA) running around all week. She lives there and we always knew when she was near by because Lucas would let out the loudest screech. He is HORRIFIED of dogs!!

And here is the lucky group that got to go para sailing. Amy and I were both a little sad not to be in on the action but given we are pregnant we decided we better not go. I did, however take a rain check!!

Here are Andy and Mike


We enjoyed our visit to Tulum where we saw all of these old ruins. It was a hot day but worth seeing. There is a beach right behind the ruins so we were glad to get wet after the tour.








A HUGE THANKS to Andy's mom for a FABULOUS trip!!! We had tons of fun and wish we were still there with everyone!
20 comments:
Your trip looks amazing! I'm jealous!
I'M SO JEALOUS!!! Someday...
Thanks for sharing though, I'll live vicariously through you for now. :)
wow. that does sound like paradise. i would love to show you anything about taking pictures, but i promise i don't know that much AND I can't believe you guys know jon and monica-that's crazy!ps you are looking great for being prego.
wow!! looks awesome!! you look like a model in your bathing suit!!
Lydia says: those pictures are really cool. I loved looking at them.
Camie says: WOW!! What a gorgeous place with SO MUCH to do! I think you could live there the rest of your life!
Hey I found your blog. Your trip looks amazing. That has to one of the best ways to celebrate the New Year! Much better than the cold and rainy weather we had here. I'm glad that you all had fun.
Congratulations on being pregnant. I had no idea, but then again I have no idea what is going in our ward except what is happening in our little nursery world :).
Emily
Looks like such a great trip! Vacations with little ones can sometimes be dicey. Glad you guys had a great time!
Oh how fun!!! Looks like a great vacation spot. I loved the 'huts' you slept in. Beautiful water and resort!!!
Yes, we knew when the dog was around because Lucas would scream and Julia would disappear because she was petting that little mut.
It's sad to come home and have to cook and clean up. Where is Susano when I need him?
hi amy,
i saw your post on jenner's blog. i loved your Christmas card. it looks like you two are amazing parents raising sweet, artistic and athletic kids.
sorry to hear about the lasik surgery gone bad, i had complications also and still have not resolved them. I would love to know what happened to andy.
tell me was it weird going from freezing, snowing temperatures to a hot warm new years?
what a fantastic was to celebrate the new year!
monica
Wow Amy!!! That looks like a WONDERFUL week! I can't believe how much FUN you were able to do in a week!!! Man, can how do I sign up for the next Stansel trip????
What a wonderful, great trip! How fun! How fortunate to have Renee do that for you! Thanks for sharing these great pictures! Love, Mom
It sure was a lot of fun. Miss you guys!! I'm sure Lucas doesn't miss that nasty dog. We definitely knew where the dog was when Lucas was around:) Hope you guys are enjoying all of your SNOW!
I can totally understand about loving the weather . . .we got more snow today and I'm officially done with winter. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I'm 75% happy for you and 25% jealous. : )
Amy-
Lucky! What a beautiful trip, during such a cold season. I love your pictures and you and your family look great! You look like you had a good visit at Matt's house for Christmas. I loved your Christmas card. You guys are such a fun, good looking family.
Love, Tracy
What fun and beautiful pictures! We're so glad you all had such a great time! Thanks for sharing...
WOW.... I am speechless. What an amazing place and a great trip for you guys. I am..like everyone else...completely JEALOUS! Loved seeing the pictures though...too much fun.
how fun!!! i love cancun. your swimsuit is adorable. i LOVE it. where did you get it?
and you of course looking beyond super-fabulous with you being pregnant.
Wow, it makes me want to have the warmth back. What a fun trip!
I loved seeing the pictures of your trip! I am so glad you had a great time!:)
Post a Comment