Sunday, January 25, 2009
I'm a big fan!
Not that it really matters to anyone but I am a HUGE fan of steel cut oats and if you haven't tried them I highly recommend it. They are full of protein, fiber, and lots of other good stuff. It's basically the center of the oat kernel cut into a few pieces. It looks a bit like rice and you cook it up like any other hot cereal. However, unlike oatmeal (which I also like) it is grainier (and healthier) so has a great texture. If you like hot cereal and have never tried this you really are missing out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Thanks Amy. I'm a big fan of flax seed. Peace out.
Amy--where do you get your steel cut oats from?
we just had oatmeal this morning. I will have to try the steal cut variety. I'm all about eating more fiber.
I have never heard of this....where do you get it from?
Oh, I love them too! I found some at Costco and can't get enough of them! Yummy!
Prisciller would be PROUD! :) We love them too. Hey...speaking of parents, I get to see YOUR parents in March and I can't wait. It's been WAY too long since I have seen them. YAY! :)
My absolute favorite (and splurge) are Bob's Red Mill organic steel cut THICK oats. They require a little longer to cook, but are amazing leftovers (which cannot always be said about oatmeal). I like to put fresh or frozen berries (today were pie cherries) with almonds and a little cinnamon and brown sugar. I could eat this for dinner!
christensen-
I love oatmeal but will try the steel cut oats. My suggestion is to add 2 TBSP of sweet potato puree or pumpkin to your steel cut oats!
Is that the same as oat groats?
Post a Comment