Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Oh what do you do in the winter time when all the world is white?!?!?

Each year I look forward to the winter, the first snow, sledding....but then I hit that point where I can't stand anymore snow. I have already hit that point and unfortunately we still have a LOT more snow in the near future!!! Hard to believe that last year at this time we were out swimming each day in Brazil!!! Where is the sun? So, here is a glimpse of what we do to entertain ourselves in these long Michigan winters!!

Andy has always been a fan of icicles. Once in provo he insisted on keeping a giant icicle in our freezer! Hmmmm. No room this year but nice try!!
Ethan is soooo desperate to play outside he insisted on riding his bike on our icy driveway. He put his snow pants and everything on just to go out and "ride" his bike. He was a bit frustrated because the wheels weren't working right. They just kept spinning!! I wonder why?!?!?

Everyday I smile as i watch Lucy get on the bus. She is so weighed down with her snow pants, boots, gloves, hat, and her giant backpack. She seems so little climbing onto this giant bus!
We do a lot of this during the winter. Amazing how many different cities you can build out of the same blocks and roads. It's different everytime!
The wheat bucket seems to come out a lot in the winter. It's a pretty good mess but keeps EVERYONE occupied for long periods of time. Even Lucas loves it and amazingly doesn't put it in his mouth!!




7 comments:

Liz said...

i love all the pictures but i especially love the one of andy because it is so classic! i totally remember being out in utah when you had the icicle in your freezer. haha!

Camie said...

Amy--what a great post! You are an awesome mom coming up with great things to do in the snowy weather! I'm going to be nagging you next year when I need inspiration! I love seeing the fun things you guys are doing! We can't wait to see you!

Becky said...

How are you feeling? You mentioned that you were sick. What did you have? Hope you are better. The pictures are SO cute. I'm starting to be tired of winter too and I LOVE snow. With 4 feet in my yard and another foot plus falling today enough is enough.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

All that snow looks fun to me---sorry!!! i love the wheat bucket...cute idea....and Lucy in her snow pants is great! Your kids are getting so big!

AmyJune said...

Explain more about the wheat bucket,not that we need indoor activities living here, but still........:)

paulak said...

What a great idea, with the wheat bucket. I like that, I may have to use it sometime. Very creative!

Emily said...

I'm with Amy.. explain this mysterious wheat bucket!