Monday, October 01, 2007

Princess Party Time!!

Andy arrived from Brazil Friday afternoon and not a moment too soon! We had a princess birthday party for Lucy on Saturday. It was lots of fun. I invited 11 kids - figuring about half wouldn't be able to come!!! As it turns out all but one came so with Lucy and Ethan we had 13 kids! It was a bit crazy - especially considering the size of our house. However, it all turned out well and most important - the kids (Lucy especially) had a GREAT time.
Here's our cute 5 year old princess!
When everyone arrived they made necklaces.
We also played lots of your typical party games with a princess twist. I was most impressed with the pin the slipper on the cinderella that Andy made. He drew a giant cinderella and colored it but somehow I missed getting a picture before it came down!! We also did a dance freeze and entertained them with bubbles while waiting for parents to pick up their kids.

Cake time!!!Here's Lucy with some of her presents!! She had a great day and it's hard to believe we have a five year old!!! What a cutie!!

7 comments:

Alisa said...

How fun!!! looks like you know how to throw a fun party!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute bunch of princesses (and one little lucky prince!) I have to brainstorm for Lydia--I don't know if I could have 13 kids!! It looks really fun!

Rachel Durazzani said...

What a cute mom you are! I love all those girls in their dresses. Looks like the party was a hit!

AmyJune said...

If only I could have seen the princess that Andy drew.

Emily said...

Looks like you had a fun party! You are so brave to invite 11 kids:)

I too would have liked to see Andy's princess picture.

Kara said...

Fun party idea!! I didn't know your husband was gone that long. I bet you are glad to have him back!!!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

What a fun party! Happy Birthday Lucy! I can't believe how long Andy was gone. I mean I knew he was going back to Brazil, but I had no idea how long it was. I'm impressed! the picture of Ethan on his bed...is too funny. I started laughing as soon as I saw it. Kids are great.