From what I have noticed people don't really do Christmas trees here. They might have a small one on their table or something but that is about it. You see them in stores for decoration but not in homes. Well, I couldn't imagine Christmas without a tree. So, this is what I ended up finding. It's a total Charlie Brown Christmas tree but we like it. The first time I put the star on just to see how it would look the tree toppled over. Yeah, it's not too sturdy! It's pretty much a stick with a few branches sticking out. It's funny but will do for this year. Also, notice the stockings in the background - nobody has stockings here. That is not tradition here. Also, we are learning that on Christams Eve here the people eat a big dinner like around 9:00 or 10:00 and open presents at midnight. People don't wake up on the 25th to open presents as we do in the United States. Interesting huh? I can't imagine keeping the kids up that late and then expecting them to go to bed after opening all their presents!

1 comment:
Amy, love the tree, love the stockings, love the kids, love it all! I miss you so much! I will call you soon. MERRY CHRISTMAS
Post a Comment