This weekend Lucy had her first ballet recital. Andy and I really weren't sure if she would really get on stage and dance. She was extremely nervous and Andy left her crying with the teacher but was told a few minutes later that she had stopped crying. When he found me at our seats he told me he wasn't sure if we'd end up seeing her dance. He really didn't think she'd end up walking out on the big stage. However, Lucy amazed us! Not only did she go out on stage but she ended up leading the line of kids because the girl who usually does got scared and didn't end up dancing that night!! Anyway, she did a great job and loved it!! Lucy has come a LONG way since our arrival to Brazil. For most kids dancing in a recital or going to school without mom and dad are normal things but for Lucy, who has always been extremely shy, these are BIG steps!!
Lucy loved her hair and wanted to make sure her grandparents got to see what it looked like!
Lucy is holding the hand of the girl in the white costume
7 comments:
Lucy looks adorable! I love her ballerina dress. What a cute girl!
that first picture looks so much like you, amy
at least Lucy doesn't have a pacifier(sp?) in her mouth like one of the balerinas
Lucy...you are a beautiful ballerina! I LOVE the back of your hair, also!! I wish I could have seen you dance! I'm so proud of you for being a leader and leading your group out onto the stage! Keep practicing your dance so you can show me in January how you did it! Love, Grandma C
so cute! i can't wait for grace to take a ballet class. fortunately (or unfortunately) grace has no problems being the center of attention. ethan on the other hand ... well, he's a bit more reserved. is lucy 4 already?
Hooray Lucy!! What a gorgeous ballerina costume (and hair!) she had. I guarantee Lydia would have been nervous to get up on stage like that. Good for Lucy!
Congrats to Lucy for being such a brave ballerina
Post a Comment