Sunday, November 12, 2006

Halloween in Brazil

Halloween just wasn't quite the same this year! It is not a holiday here in Brazil. However, we did have random trick-or-treaters knock on our door on the 29th, 30th, and 31st. For the most part it was always the same group of kids. A few of the kids were dressed up but I really think they only knocked on our door knowing we typically celebrate halloween and would be thrilled to give them treats. It was pretty funny. Anyway, on Halloween day, my friend called to see if I'd like to bring the kids over to have a little halloween party with her daughter. They moved back from the United States last year so they know all the American traditions. She told me to dress the kids up. So, we threw costumes together. Lucy was obviously a princess and I'm not quite sure what Ethan was but he looked dressed up and was thrilled with the hat I found which was left behind by the family who lived here before we did. The kids had a great time and didn't realize they were missing out on trick-or-treating back home. I think it was me who missed it the most this year!


3 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Your kids are adorbale! It looks like Brazil is treating you well. What an adventure!

Liz said...

Amy, so cute! lucy looks like she is a model!!!!

Ralph and Teresa said...

AMy, You'd think you had thought about costumes for a month! They both looked so cute!