Hey, so we just got back from our first real Brazilian vacation. We weren't sure what to think when we first arrived, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. We drove about 2 hours to a little touristy town called Serra Negra in the mountains and stayed at a huge resort. (remember this is Brazil, not Disneyland... the term "resort" may not mean quite the same thing to you) We had a blast. We played at the "cidade das criancas" (kid city at the hotel), swam in the pools, ate a ton of food (Lucy decided she LOVES beans and rice-- a good thing to love in a country where beans and rice is served at every meal), visited the Cristo Redentor statue in the city, did a little shopping, and played around in some waterfalls.




Lucy has started taking Ballet classes. I should say that her Daddy has also started taking ballet classes, since I am right beside her practicing first position, twirls, plies (or whatever they're called) for the entire class. They haven't made me wear tights yet, but we'll see what happens at tomorrow's class. Ethan has started swimming class and so far the jury is out on what he thinks.

And finally, we've also had some time to explore Rio Claro. We found a really cool nature conservatory near our house.


8 comments:
Yeah guys! I am so glad you are official now! I like being able to kinda picture where you are at for the next year. Don't be afraid to post whatever you feel necessary! Oh-and Amy, pulease, you do not look more pregnant than me crazy woman!
All right Amy and Andy!! Those were fun things to read and see!! Thanks for sharing! Amy...do me a favor and register on Myfamily.com and post these things there for all the cousins to see. If we could start generating excitement there, that would be great!! Dad and I are paying for 1 year at myfamilycom so the Tibbitts extended family can have a place to go and get current addresses, see any news you'd like to share,etc. Liz is sending out a reminder tomorrow as to how to register. It is easy, and if you would post something, I'll send out an email telling the extended family what they are missing out on if they don't got to myfamily.com. Thanks. Love, Mom
Hey Amy and Andy!
Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so happy you guys shared some pictures of your house and your neighborhood so I could picture it! It looks so cute--especially the playground! I showed Lydia all the pictures of Lucy--she is so adorable! I'm sure your two blondie kids really get a lot of attention there!! And you look great, by the way!
Camie
QTip - (Since Chuck was already used)
Ha Ha Ha!! Good to hear and now SEE how you're doing. I fear if we ever get your kids, Scott's, and mine together we could have the perfect arian playgroup. It's a good thing our women have strong genes. Enjoy life in Edward Scissorhands neighborhood and keep the 411 on a steady drip.
JB>
i'm so excited to see you have a blog! i can't wait to tell scott. the kids are so cute. they're getting so big! and amy, in reference to the first comment, are you pregnant, again? did we know this? when are you due? have fun in brazil.
jessica
Hey! Welcome to the 21st century. Jessica was very excited to show me your blog. I haven't updated mine in forever, but you have inspired me to post some more. Who knows if I will, but you inspired and that's what counts. Kids are really cute and it's good to see all is well down there in Brazil.
yay! so many christensen siblings to keep up with via blogging... check out mine and we can share south american adventures together. let me know if you're ever in chile!!
your kids are INCREDIBLY ADORABLE!
Okay, so I'm not sure if I've met you, but I feel like I know a lot about you! I'm Alissa, Liz and Alisa's roommate from college. I went to your link from Alisa's page. Anyway...my parents are serving a mission in Sao Paulo and so is my little brother (Interlagos and South, respectively). Maybe you know them or want some American friends? We can exchange details through L&A (code for liz and alisa in college!)
alissa
Post a Comment