So I am now closer to 40 than 30 - sigh! Oh well. Every day I look at my kids I am reminded that I am getting old. Today was a GREAT day! My friend took Jane for me this afternoon so I could go out to lunch with Andy and enjoy an afternoon to myself doing whatever I want. I went shopping and then home to catch up on my blog and watch Anne of Green Gables with Lucy (she was home sick from school). I was showered with love from my kids, husband, extended family and friends. I loved getting phone calls and texts from people all day including some of my young women. I didn't have to cook. We had pizza and salad and a yummy desert I made yesterday. It's been an all around wonderful relaxing day
This cracks me up! This was one of the gifts Andy gave me. Can you guess what it is? Yes, they are hand warmers. This is what his family would call and ice crusher gift (long story but a gift the giver wants or will benefit as much or more the the person receiving) I think andy is tired of my icy hands every night when we go to bed hence the hand warmers as a gift. Who knew a product like this existed? Funny how ever since moving here I get a gift each year that has to do with keeping warm. Last year it was a heating pad for the bottom of the bed for our feet!
I was planning to meet up with Alisa and Camie at an indoor gym so the kids could play for a while. As it turns out Wyatt ended up sick and I had some kids home sick too. They had planned to surprise me with lunch and chocolate cake to celebrate my birthday. Due to sick kids everything got put on hold and we didn't meet for another week or so but here are the pictures of us celebrating my birthday at Eagle's nest! I love living close to family. We had an awesome lunch and the cake was to die for!!
Thanks to everyone who made it such a great day!!!
2 comments:
Glad you had a great day. Fun to "see" you and your cute kids again!
Welcome back to blogging! Sounds like you had a fun day!
Post a Comment