Monday, February 06, 2012

Goodbye Crib and now what do we do with Jane?!??!



Almost ten years ago (yes, that is a LONG time ago!) we went on a search for a crib for our first child (lucy). This is the crib we found and who knew that once it went up it wouldn't come down for nearly ten years! And who knew that it would last as long as it did! Over the holidays I put Jane down for a nap in her crib and within a few minutes she was standing by my side. I was shocked. I have NEVER had kids climb out of the crib! I put her back in her crib and by the time I made it down stairs she was already out of the crib again (this time she didn't bother to come and tell me. She went straight for the playroom!). So, no more crib! I didn't dare put her back in. However, I knew this would be a bit of a problem as I wasn't ready to drop her nap but knew she wouldn't take one if she didn't have bars to contain her. Jane has now tried just about everything. She has slept in a big bed which she claims has scary movies (perhaps referring to the shadows she sees on the wall??!?!). So, then it was back to the pack and play but then she started climbing out of that not to mention she really is too big for it. And most recently she is sleeping just on her mattress so it isn't quite so high. Let's just say I feel like we have tried everything for her. She is a walking beast because she doesn't take naps anymore. She wakes up tired and stays that way all day. Please tell me she will outgrow this phase. I just don't remember having this issue with my others! Ughh!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm dreading the day that the twins do this. I'll definitely be buying crib tents. How can you be upset with such a cute face!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N. Tipps said...

Oh, good luck, Amy. Those blond, curly locks sure are pretty!

AmyJune said...

Cole just got upgraded to a bunk bed and it has been an interesting experience. Fortunately he still doesn't know how to climb out of the crib and since the baby is not here yet, he is still using it for naps. Half of the time he sits in that thing for an hour and then demands to get out, so yeah I feel you on the no nap thing. Godd luck