Andy has always told me when he was a kid he would make up crazy stories and tell them to his mom or whoever as though they really happened. After hearing some of Lucas' stories I am starting to have a clear picture of what Andy probably did as a kid. I wrote down a few stories Lucas has told me that I find so funny. He tells me them as though it is really true and when I ask questions about what he is telling me he comes up with quick answers and funny details. I think he is in his own little world sometimes.
Several weeks ago Lucas happened to find a random truck he hadn't used for a VERY long time. it was missing 3 of the 4 wheels.
He said "Yeh, I saw them (the wheels) in your purse. You had them and they fell in a pond."
He said it so matter of factly it took me by surprise.
I said "Well if you saw them fall in a pond why didn't you get them?"
"Because there was a tall gate to protect the ducks so I couldn't get them."
And that was it. He had nothing more to say about the wheels, pond, or ducks and never cracked a smile when talking about it. I really think he thinks they fell in a pond.
hmmmmm.......
In October he said "Owen's dad is going to be Jesus for Halloween"
Owen is Lucas'cousin who isn't even two yet and can't talk.
"I don't think so."I said
"Yes, mom. Owen told me his dad had a Jesus costume"
Random......
Another day while eating lunch (most of the crazy stories come out during lunch time!!) he said,
"Did you know a shark almost bit me?"
"It did?" I questioned.
"Yes and I swam over and said miss me miss me now you've got to kiss me. Then the shark almost bit me and it was the kind of shark that can walk on land."
These are all so funny to me! So random but so real to him! He comes up with stories like this all the time!
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i am cracking up! he totally is in his own world, huh?! Ryan owning a Jesus costume is cracking me up!
oh, and it reminds me of how lucas talks about the story or Moses, but that's it's really Jesus, they just call him Moses. Maybe you should record that one!
Oh Lucas! My life is missing something without him!
that sounds like Andy.
Love it! Too funny!
We miss that cute, funny boy!!
Post a Comment