We figured since we are living in Minnesota the kids would have to learn how to ice skate. I've never lived in a place where people know how to ice skate and play hockey as well and often as they might ride a bike. It's crazy!! There are ponds all over for skating and apparently they flood parks in the winter for ice skating (but as it's turned out it's been too warm so far - but I won't complain!!) The kids loved learning how to ice skate. OK, so Ethan didn't love it but that is because he was trying to be the BEST in his class even though the kids he was skating with had clearly taken many years of lessons and this was his first. So, being as competitive as he is it was frustrating to him. However, in the end all the kids were good skaters and I was amazed how quickly they picked it up!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Ice Skating Lessons
We figured since we are living in Minnesota the kids would have to learn how to ice skate. I've never lived in a place where people know how to ice skate and play hockey as well and often as they might ride a bike. It's crazy!! There are ponds all over for skating and apparently they flood parks in the winter for ice skating (but as it's turned out it's been too warm so far - but I won't complain!!) The kids loved learning how to ice skate. OK, so Ethan didn't love it but that is because he was trying to be the BEST in his class even though the kids he was skating with had clearly taken many years of lessons and this was his first. So, being as competitive as he is it was frustrating to him. However, in the end all the kids were good skaters and I was amazed how quickly they picked it up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment