Monday, May 16, 2011

Half Marathon

Jen and I ran the mini marathon in Indy the day ofter graduation and the day before we left on the cruise. It is the best race! It's so much fun and the largest race I have ever been in or ever will be in. I believe there are about 35,000 runners! It's crazy. I loved training with Jen (once I got here back on board to train with me and stop with P90X) Unfortunately the race wasn't as fun this year. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact I only got about 3.5 hours of sleep the night before due to sick kids. I was definitely running on LOW energy but we managed to finish in the time we were hoping for - I just didn't love it like I usually do!
We also had a slight problem finding our ride at the end. We were running a tad late getting to the race. We took off to use the bathroom thinking Julianna (the girl who drove us there) was going to meet up with us. Unfortunately we never saw her again and it is really hard to find someone at the end of the race if you don't have a meeting spot. Let's just say it took us an hour wandering around the city trying to remember the streets we parked at before we finally found her!! My legs were really happy to sit all the way home!

No comments: