Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy New Year

After being in California we flew to Utah where we spent the New Year with some of my family. It was great seeing everyone! We played lots of games, ate, shopped, went sledding, and exercised. It was nice and relaxing. Sad to see it come to an end.

We had fun bringing in the new year with a party for the kids (that happened well before midnight!)



Perhaps Lucy should have been my mom's daughter. Lucy loves to clean and organize and became my mom's sidekick while at my parent's house. She LOVED following grandma around cleaning and decorating for our New Year's party. Where was I? Well, I came down with that wonderful flu that had been going around in California so I slept most of the day but came out to be with everyone at night. This is how I found my mom and Lucy!
And it wouldn't be the new year without a giant breakfast the next morning. It's tradition that my mom and dad do a nice breakfast for anyone who is in the house each new year. So yummy!!
There is always some GREAT sledding at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They live on a mountain so they of course have a great sledding hill. The guys went out ahead of the kids and built up the course and a big starting ramp. I must say I was pretty impressed. I think it may have been the best made course so far!
Grandpa, Ethan, and Andrew

Andy and Lucy

This was taken from inside. Ethan got going a bit too fast and didn't get out of his sled soon enough and ended up over the side of the hill and in the trees. It took quite a bit of effort to get out.This is a picture of Lucy, Grandma and Grandpa after a run down the hill.

No comments: