Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Toaster on Fire!!

Today my toaster of hmmmmm let's see over 10 years caught fire!!! I went to pull my toast out only to look in and see a tiny flame. Thinking it might be a little crumb on fire I was not worried but then the flame got bigger. I started looking for the baking soda but of course couldn't find it. By now the flame is large - as far as toaster fires go. It was coming out of the toaster and all i could think was what if our cupboards catch on fire. In another quick effort to find the baking soda I succeeded and according to my boys I saved the day and dumped the box of baking soda onto the fire and it was gone. Nothing too exciting but as of late that's as good as it gets for excitement!!

7 comments:

The Mortensens said...

Scary! I'm glad it didn't get out of control. Yay for baking soda!

AmyJune said...

If only that could have been videotaped. :)

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Last year I had a fire in my oven that totally freaked me out . . .baking soda saved the day there as well.

Sara said...

I agree with AmyJune -- I wish it was videotaped.

I'm grateful for all the entertainment you provide for us! :)

Jessica said...

okay, so we have the same toaster we got for our wedding almost 8 years ago and it is probably just a few batches of toast away from catching on fire itself! a new toaster has gone on my shopping list for this month. :)

Chrispy Critter said...

You go girl!

Sonja said...

My sister always told me that one of the big causes of fires are toasters. Go Amy for not letting that happen. I'm so glad you found the baking soda:)