Sunday, August 02, 2009

A must read if you are a mom with a newborn!!



Life is SUPER CRAZY right now. I probably don't have time to blog this but I am so amazed by it so I have to post this really fast. Jane is a GREAT baby. However, we do have a few issues at night when it comes to putting her to bed initially. Once she falls asleep she is great to eat and go right back down (for the most part) but she generally will go down and cry for a couple of hours (off and on but it's not just little whimpers here and there. She is mad) Anyway, thanks to my friend Abbey we no longer have problems. She gave me this blanket called the "miracle blanket" You can order them online. Anyway, it is basically a blanket for swaddling but has different pieces of fabric to keep her arms close to her side. Anyway, ever since we started using this blanket Jane cries for no longer than 15 minutes but generally within 2-5 minutes she is sound asleep. It's amazing!! I know why they call it the miracle blanket!! Some may say I should have just been swaddling her in the first place. I was but she was so mad she always worked her way out so it was pointless. I decided she must not like the swaddling but apparently I was wrong. It is the BEST invention ever. If you have a fussy baby this is a MUST HAVE baby item. Why didn't I know about this 7 years ago?!?!?

7 comments:

AmyJune said...

she is so cute. Looks like a tiny caterpillar in that blanket.

N. Tipps said...

Oh, you're so mean! Look how tight and uncomfortable she seems! So, where can I get one?

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I could have used that for Kayleigh....she would cry and cry before finally giving up, 4 hours later....maybe that would have worked!!! Glad it works for Jane....those are frustrating hours having to listen to a baby cry!!!....I do have to say, though....with how tightly wrapped she looks, she probably just can't breathe, and that is why she stops crying :)....is she turning blue???? ......totally kidding!!!

Maile said...

I have a swaddle me that I got for Leilani and loved it and it was used on Carter as well. I call it the "baby-straight-jacket."

Couldn't live without it!

Christie said...

My bro. and his wife swore by this method, too. I think it was from a bk. called the Happiest Baby on the Block.

Sonja said...

I love to swaddle my babies too. I'm so glad she loves it. Andrew isn't into swaddling anymore.

Ralph and Teresa said...

Amy,
I saw this miracle blanket in person up in Idaho when I went to the blessing of James. Katie loves it! I know she is so glad that you introduced it to her and I wouldn't put it past her to now create her own. Loved your pictures of the reunion. It is fun to see everyones pictures. I had never seen the food take until your pictures. Cute! Mom