Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thank goodness for moms!!

After 2 weeks of wonderful wonderful help my mom left today. I was so sad to see her leave. Thank goodness for moms who are so willing to help. My mom is wonder woman when it comes to helping with babies. She seems to do everything. She makes meals, cleans, does laundry, takes care of a crying baby in the middle of the night, and the biggest help of all - she plays with my older kids and they LOVE it. And this time around she even got to help keep our house nice and clean in case we had to show our house!I am lucky enough to have my mother-in-law arriving tomorrow. So, I am spoiled to have help for one more week.
We - or I guess I should say my mom stayed plenty busy while she was here. Here are a few pictures from the couple of weeks she was here.
Even though it is a lot of work, it is so fun to have a little baby in our house. Jane is a sweetheart!
There is something about sleeping babies - especially when their mouth is like this that just melts my heart!!!


Lucy is my little helper. She hates hearing Jane cry and is quick to offer to hold her and snuggle with her. I love my girls!!
Here are my two babies. Two weeks ago Lucas was my baby. I still thought he was little. But when he layed down by her the other day it reminded me he really is not my baby anymore!!

Funny Story - The first time Lucas saw me changing Jane he shouted out "Eeeeew! Yuck. Pooh pooh on Jane's belly. " He could not understand what that nasty looking thing was on her tummy!! It was really funny. Oh and one morning Ethan woke up nice and early and was watching t.v. He came back to my bedroom holding something in his hand and said so matter of factly - "Mom, I found Janes belly button on the floor." There in his hand was her dried out umbillical cord! I guess it fell off in the middle of the night when I was feeding and changing her.
This was one of the favorite things the kids did with my mom. they loved playing outside with her and being pushed on the swing.

Andy went on a high adventure trip with the youth in our ward. So, the first morning he was gone our garbage didn't get taken out so my mom had to do a mad dash in the pouring rain to get it to the curb before the garbage man came. What a good sport!!
Jane loves baths. It surprised me because I don't remember any of my other babies enjoying bath time as much as she seems to!!

5 comments:

N. Tipps said...

Great pictures, Amy! I love that Ethan found Jane's belly button on the floor. We never found Grace's...ever. I think the cat ate it.

Emily said...

Love the pictures! Baby Jane is adorable.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

She is just so cute I could eat her up!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

fun pictures, Amy! I am glad you are getting some good help!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Amy! Your little Jane is sooooo adorable. I can't even express how cute she is. :) I love her name too. -Rachel (Foster) Sargent