Lucy participatied in her first piano recital at the beginning of December. I teach her but asked my friend who is a piano teacher if we could join in on her recital so Lucy could have the experience of performing in front of others. Unfortunately we arrived a little late to the recital (because we got lost). So, when we arrived they swept Lucy away from us to sit with the other students. I was hoping to get there early so I could show her the grand piano and convince her it's the same piano keys even though it looks bigger than our piano at home. Anyway, I didn't have the chance to do that. I was so proud of her though - she got right up. Sat down, opened her book, found middle C and began playing and did a beautiful job and with confidence! Way to go Lucy!!
Monday, January 05, 2009
Lucy's First Piano Recital
Lucy participatied in her first piano recital at the beginning of December. I teach her but asked my friend who is a piano teacher if we could join in on her recital so Lucy could have the experience of performing in front of others. Unfortunately we arrived a little late to the recital (because we got lost). So, when we arrived they swept Lucy away from us to sit with the other students. I was hoping to get there early so I could show her the grand piano and convince her it's the same piano keys even though it looks bigger than our piano at home. Anyway, I didn't have the chance to do that. I was so proud of her though - she got right up. Sat down, opened her book, found middle C and began playing and did a beautiful job and with confidence! Way to go Lucy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
SO CUTE!!! Where did she get those curls? I teach my girls too...although lately I haven't been so good about it. (ugh)
I'm very impressed! Way to go Lucy!
Good for Lucy! I didn't know she was taking piano lessons from you! (Until I saw Camie's blog!) I am very impressed....looks like she has picked it up really well!
I can't even believe you have a child old enough to be playing the piano . . .when did we get so old? She is just a doll.
Post a Comment