Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Toledo

Toledo is a REALLY old city that use to be the capital of Spain. It is a walled-in city. Everything in the city is old and they've done a good job to keep it that way.



Look how narrow the streets are. We had to flatten ourselves up against the buildings when cars would drive by!!

This us to be an orphanage in Toledo.



Here are more of the cute old men you see everywhere. They get all dressed up to go sit in the nearest plaza. We were all fascinated with the cute old people.


In planning our trip we knew the ONE thing Amy really had to do was buy marzapan in toledo. I can't say I am a fan of it but at least she finally got her marzapan!!!

We found Andy and Mike like this a lot.....studying their maps and rick steve books! While they were doing that Amy and I managed to find our way into some stores to look at pottery, buy treats, or just look at the cute old people.

No comments: