Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lucy's Birthday

Lucy was very excited about turning 4 this year. We weren't planning to have a birthday party for her given we just moved here but she asked if she could have some kids over for her birthday so we ended up throwing her a party. She had a great time!
Lucy chose to have a Dora cake for her birthday. Brazilians aren't use to cakes like this. So, it was kind of fun to serve them something they weren't use to.
We sang happy birthday to Lucy in both Portuguese and English - we did everything in both Portuguese and English that day!!


This is how we decorated the inside of the house. Nothing fancy but the kids loved all the balloons.

Instead of doing pinatas here they fill a giant balloon with tons of candy and confetti. Instead of hitting it with a stick as we would with a pinata an adult just pops the balloon while all the kids stand under the balloon and try to catch the candy.


Here are all of the kids that came to Lucy's party

8 comments:

Ralph and Teresa said...

Amy,

First of all, what a cake!! That was a darling Dora cake. Lucy must have been so excited!! Your cake decorating skills paid off big time!!

I'm glad she finally got her party!! How fun. You'll have to tell the family in one of your emails about this party and how it has made a big difference to Lucy venturing out in the neighborhood on her own now:) Thanks for sharing pictures. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Lucy is so cute, and I see so much of you in her! I can't believe she is four years old now, I remember getting the email telling everyone she was born, wow time flies. The cake you made was beautiful!

--Rachael

Katie and Eric said...

How did you make that cake? Wow! Amy, it looks like you guys live in a beautiful place. I hope that you are adjusting and having a good time. Lucy and Ethan are so cute! I am sure that everyone there loves them.
Love,
katie

Emily said...

Hi Amy & Andy,

It looks like Lucy had a fun party. We can't believe she is four already. I guess that means the rest of the "triplets" are not far behind! So did you serve any cashew juice at the party? Yummy Yummy:)

Love, R & E and little R
(the lone representives from the cyber-impaired side of the family)

Anonymous said...

What a cute birthday girl! I think you are a real trooper to pull off a birthday party in Brazil! I'm even feeling overwhelmed by doing one here, and I can at least explain the directions to birthday games in my own language! Also, your place looks nice too--those were some good pics!

Anonymous said...

Amy
I can't believe you made that cake. So cute. I'm glad Lucy got to have a festinha.
And by the way "leaking Levee" this family member is not "cyber-impaired"

Obisppo said...

Wow! Does that last picture really sum up the excitement and fun the girls had at their first Dora party? I can't believe you were actually able to calm them down enough to sit and take a picture. I'm continually amazed at the wealth of experiences you guys are having in Brasil!

Con carino, Obisppo!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! It looks like you guys had a great time. Like everyone else said, the cake is amazing! Lucy is such a cutie and I'm glad to hear she had a great birthday.